Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And we doubled!!!

Actually we more than doubled!  Yesterday we once again got up at the crack of dawn to head to Gainesville for blood work.  I admit to "peeing on the stick" the day before to make sure the positive line got darker, and it did.  So I felt pretty good going in. 

As always it was a 2.25 hour drive for a 5 minute visit followed by the drive home.  It was ok though- always nice to have some alone time with your Dad where no one or no project can interrupt us. 

On the weekends the nurse on call ALWAYS calls by 11:30 so I expected the results quick.  Needless to say that when 2 rolled around and still no call I was in a panic.  So I peed on another stick (still positive).  When Jessica finally called she had great news.....my HCG levels had more than doubled from Friday and were at 404.  Excellent numbers for only 11days post transfer. 

I find myself starting to get excited, browsing pregnancy websites, looking at maternity clothes and then I force myself to be realistic.  We are still so far out of the woods - still so many places to go wrong in the next few weeks. 

However, since we will see my entire family (with the exception of your Papa) this weekend we are preparing to tell them about you.  It is still WAY to early to do it- but since they all knew we were doing this we know they all already think we are pregnant.  I decided to make personalized onsies for each of them with iron on transfers.  We will see how it works out.  I bought the supplies today at lunch and I am going to try tonight. 

We are once again in another 2ww.  This time we are waiting for the ultra sound that will let us know that everything is right where it should be and if we have two of you!  I hope I can make it that long....

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment